St Catharines mixed surface ride
Time & Location
About the Event
Lindsay has offered to orgazine a great route for us around St. Catharines, where you will hit up some of the better riding in Ontario. It feels like you are in Europe sometimes.
The course will be undulating, hillier than the 300km day in July. A few segments up the escarpment will keep us on our toes. Make sure you have a 28 cog on the back.
While not as long as our summer road ride this one, at ~160km, will be another solid day. I wanted to do something fun to finish our series of events!
As with all the rides we will be supported by Stage 21. The Stage 21 van contains a fully equipped coffee bar. That means:
- pre-ride coffee and pastries
- fully supported lunch with choices of sandwiches or quiche - and more pastries and coffee
- mid-ride coffee breaks
- a mini workshop at our disposal, along with spare tubes and a floor pump
- we can also put a small day bag in the van
- water for bottle refills - though make a few bottles ahead of time will likely speed the day along.
The Stage 21 van will be mobile and provide us not only coffee but also technical support out on the road if needed.
I wouldn't be the Funwrecker if I didn't say - we will try and keep the rest stops to a minimum and shortish, so that we don't end up adding too much stopping time to the ride and use up all the daylight.
All these rides will be limited in size, with 13 spots available.
A link to a waiver will be sent out closer to the event.
The expectation in planning this ride is that come summertime Covid will have receded once again. That being said, the plan will be that we wear masks and maintain physical distancing at the rest stops.
- St Catharines 200$125+$16.25 HST$125+$16.25 HST0$0